Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts Hi everybody -Would love some advice (relationship OCD)

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bella10
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the forum’s so I thought I’d explain abit about my ocd/intrusive thoughts. There all harm and relationship based, I’m 19 and it’s all fairly new to me so I’m still learning with how to handle it in a more healthier way. ☺️

I’ve been off work at my current job for 7 months now due to my ocd where I’ve been extremely poorly, my intrusive harm thoughts got so bad I couldn’t get out of bed let alone work. But now I’m feeling in a much better way in terms of tackling and challenging the ocd……. However I’ve recently been offered a new job role which is a HR apprenticeship in my local town, I’m set to begin on the 30th of May (so next Monday) and my ocd is getting really bad again ☹️

There’s a guy (I’d say he’s about 25) and automatically my ocd was convincing me ‘ Your going to fancy him’ ‘you’ll be disrespectful to your partner if you have a crush on him…. What if you fall in love with him? Your a horrible person’ all the horrible intrusive thoughts going round and round ☹️ I love my boyfriend dearly (we’ve been together for 2 years) so the idea of my thoughts jeopardising that would break my heart and cause me so much guilt and distress.

I just wanted to ask if anybody else has experienced this at all? In terms of ocd getting involved in relationships, making you think you’ll like somebody else in a romantic way and convince you it’s cheating on your partner ☹️ I really want to take up this amazing career opportunity, I’m just so scared my ocd will get in the way as I want to have a healthy balance of mental health and work xx

(I’d be grateful for any advice on the situation, thank you to everybody again.)

Forum Moderators

Hi:

We’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet and we want you to know that OCD Action offers other types of support for you.

You can contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD. Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

Support groups for people with OCD offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people. Read information about UK-based groups here:

If you don’t live in the UK, look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Under “Find Help”, choose “Listing Types”, then “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.