Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vickey4052
    Participant

My dad has ocd and does this thing all the time, he checks things over and over. Does he do it on purpose? I think he checks stuff because he actually likes his ocd thoughts. Anyone else gone thru this?

johna2
      Participant

My dad was like this.

I think you will find that ocd drives your dad to check. It’s a compulsion.

Why don’t you suggest that he try find a cbt therapist, maybe via his doctor?

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here:

Thanks for posting on the forum and we’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet. Please don’t take this personally; sometimes it takes a while for people to reply. We just want you to know that you’re never alone and OCD Action is here to support you.

If you’d like to talk to or email someone who understands OCD and how it can impact families, please contact our OCD Action Helpline.

You can talk to or email a Helpline volunteer ad receive confidential information about and support. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.