Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hey everyone,

Had a little trigger last night and it bought back something from years ago.

I’m going on holiday Wednesday and I really want to enjoy so I’m like in panic mode at the moment.

I’ll try and keep it short… Years ago from when I was a teenager up until I was 21 or just turned 22, I would daydream about a certain scenario and I would daydream about my crush who was usually a male celeb in their 30’s/40’s getting into trouble at school, and sometimes it would be intrusive but rarely.

when I was younger I used to panic and wonder why I would daydream about such a thing. More recently i feel like I’ve had this realisation that growing up I always wish I had been born a boy. I don’t feel like this so much now, but it’s still kind of with me.

I think that’s why I had imagined myself in this daydream scenario.

when I told my therapist about this years ago, she came back to me and said that she had spoken to her boss and wondered why I thought I’d have this daydream.

I then panicked and even now keep thinking – why would she tell her boss – does that mean that the daydream was sick and creepy? Does having that type of daydream I had make me bad?

in my head now, I know that the daydream was innocent and just me dreaming about The  scenario, as growing up and in school I felt like I wanted to be a guy.

what do you think? Am I worrying over nothing? Am I creepy? Or do therapists normally discuss things with their bosses?

I just keep thinking ‘oh she must have thought it was perverted to have gone to her boss about it’

johna2
      Participant

Therapists generally have an upline or at least peer review. I guess they talk to someone maybe more experienced in order to check out their own understanding of stuff maybe they are unsure about.

Try not to worry.

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here:

Thanks for posting on the forum and we’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet. Please don’t take this personally; sometimes it takes a while for people to reply. We just want you to know that you’re never alone and OCD Action is here to support you.

If you’d like to talk to or email someone who understands OCD, please contact our OCD Action Helpline.

You can get confidential information about and support from a Helpline volunteer who understands how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.