Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Am I irrational? I get lost in fear and it consumes me

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anon35
    Participant

I feel this is OCD because I am constantly reassuring myself, googling, trying to find answers, rinse and repeat until something gives.  I don’t know if I am being irrational or mildly right to have a worry?  Either way it gets obsessive and it’s all I think about.  This then repeats onto something else.  I’ve been on this drug for ten years. Yes clearly mentally dependent, but I have been able to go without a few days on a row so I think if I was ever asked to come off I’d have to explain I don’t feel it’s good for me, as it’s still helping me and preventing the rest of my life from spiralling, and that I’d be OK to maybe reduce to taking it every other night but to never have the drugs there would be impossible.

Why?

Well my anxiety and my intense debilitating OCD never fully heals, I can self help and control it, but it comes back after a while worse than before so I feel I’ve never fully got to the bottom of it, or resolved the mental condiiton fully, so I’d need long term help if it was ever considered to come off Zolpidem, you’d need to solve the mental health first before even thinking of that.

I don’t abuse it, but it works for me, all the other stuff never worked, I even tried Zopiclone and can’t stand it,, Mirtazipine and the rest just wiped me out all day. I don’t have a tolerance, the standard dose is fine.

I mean is this a real possibility to be randomly cut off without any reason other than a doctor felt like it?

Regards,

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here:

Thanks very much for posting on the forums; we’re very sorry you’re going through a difficult time. We just want you to know that you’re never alone and OCD Action is here to support you.

If you’d like to talk to or email someone who understands OCD, please contact our OCD Action Helpline.

You can get confidential information about and support from a Helpline volunteer who understands how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.