Close
wannabefree
Participant
Participant

I just thought of a little more to add… When life seems like it is turning into some sort of joke… The person who can then treat it like one, and inwardly laugh at the joke, will preserve their mental health… Sometimes life is indeed like a scene from a ‘Carry on’ film… I have learnt from the characters played by Sid James… A giggle is good for the soul… Don’t let anything get under your skin…  I allow everything to go over my head. If I can allow others the right to get it wrong or mess up sometimes, then, I have the right to do so myself. I do, cos I am no less than anyone else… We all have strengths and weaknesses… I reckon there is a very good reason for that… It is so that we can interact with others around us. Our strengths can compensate for anothers weaknesses, our weaknesses give space for another person to use their strengths to help us. That way we all have purpose. If we were good at absolutely everything ourselves, then other people would feel useless. We would, Wouldn’t we, if it was to be the other way around? As a species, we all need to feel needed, so that we can then experience the joy of helping someone else achieve something too. We all need each other, and that is a good thing, not a weakness. So… Let’s give ourselves the same rights we give everyone else, let’s all mess up sometimes… If it’s okay for others, then it is okay for ourselves…  Rant over…