The following rules apply to this site when interacting with other forum users or posting on our forums:
Before using this site or the forums please read the following:
- Each forum user is permitted one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not permitted and will be removed.
- Please follow any instructions given by the moderating team.
- Whilst discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. See OCD Action Forum Etiquette Guide
- The use of inappropriate language is not permitted on the forums. See OCD Action Forum Etiquette Guide
- Only use quotes from external sources if you state where the quote is from.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not permitted.
- Posting simply to bump (move a thread to the top of the discussion list) is not permitted.
- Posts or comments that are not written in English are not permitted on the forum. All posts and comments must be written in English.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling are not permitted. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, article or blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other forum users.
- We do not permit posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or that violate community standards.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations or criminal activities is not permitted.
- Whilst we are happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor’s sites, we do not tolerate advertisements.
- Posts arguing about charity policies are not permitted. Users should use this contact form if they have any issues with charity policies, or email us direct and we will be happy to help.
- Posts discussing moderator actions are also not permitted – at all times moderators attempt to act as a neutral party, but due to the nature of OCD they must uphold strict guidelines to ensure that the vast majority of users can browse safely without exposure to offensive material.
- If you have an issue with any action/s taken by a moderator then you should contact them either by sending them a PM (private message) or by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org and not by posting on the forums.
- At any time, forum users may report any inappropriate behaviour on the forums either by contacting one of the moderators directly by PM or by sending an email to email@example.com
- Whilst these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the site rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right.