I think your very brave. X
Dopey dora's recent replies
- May 25 2019 - 12:17am
- May 22 2019 - 9:47amHi I think it sounds very much like OCD. Are you aware of how irrational your thoughts are? Most people with OCD realise their thoughts are irrational even though they feel so real and scary. It's the anxiety that is the problem.
- May 19 2019 - 4:49pmHey all I am also trying really hard atm to stop the compulsions. The only thing is sometimes I start to feel better then my brain says but how do you know for sure you haven't done these things which starts the anxiety off again. Any advise for when this happens?
- May 19 2019 - 9:49amHi Restlessmind Not quite the same but I used to check bins because I had an irrational thought of what if I put a baby in the bin. I would tip the bins out at work or take photos of the contents to make sure there was no baby in there.
- May 19 2019 - 9:37amHi Matilda Leek Thank you for your reply. Your advise is spot on and reacting in this way does work. However no matter how many times I have successfully overcome an obsession when a new one comes along the doubt is so strong.
- May 14 2019 - 10:48amHi there If you Google Diana Wilson daily mail there is an old article she did on her own perinatal OCD. She now runs a maternal OCD charity.
- May 13 2019 - 8:54amHi Mr Freedom OCD whilst driving was my first theme of OCD and still crops up sometimes now. I would sometimes drive along and someone would be waiting to cross or I'd pass a cyclist then the thoughts would come saying what if you hit them etc.
- April 17 2019 - 12:41amI found Mad Girl by Bryony Gordon excellent.
- April 17 2019 - 12:38amThank you.x
- April 13 2019 - 5:39pmHi there I was put on quietiapine about 3 years ago. How helpful it has been I'm not sure but I certainly don't feel sedated on them.