Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hey all,

Been having a few spikes recently and I mainly suffer with OCD. Will try and keep this as short as poss.

I have always been a little bit obsessed with America since a child. Iā€™ve seen a lot of the states and just LOVE it! The culture, sports, music, and just general way of life in particular locations. I was at a concert a couple weeks ago and the following came to my mindā€¦

There were a few guys there who were dressed very stereotypically American (jeans, cowboy hat and t shirt) Ā and I love that whole look on a man, as Iā€™m very much into that Country way of life. Iā€™m moving to Canada next year and the thought came to my head ā€œI wonder if Canadian guys dress like American menā€ which is normal.

but then my thought process moved onto ā€œIā€™ll check hashtags on Instagram to see if they dress the same.

i donā€™t know why I would think this, or think of searching for this because Iā€™m attracted to men!! Why would I think to search to see if guys in Canada dress like this, instead of searching for other men?

I instantly felt dread after. I feel like itā€™s because I grew up wishing I lived in America and went to high school there, and in a way still think this way. I think itā€™s just because I like the stereotypical dress sense, not even in a bad way of 8course, but I just think itā€™s cool. So maybe thatā€™s why I had the thought to see if Canadians dress like this?

I donā€™t know, it just confuses me as to why I would have this weird and random thought trail??? I feel like even though Iā€™m 29, Iā€™m at the age where Iā€™m still clinging onto my younger years as an older teenage and the years of my early 20ā€™s.

all this typed out sounds so weird, but itā€™s just the thought process in my mind typed out ?

Sorry itā€™s not as short as I liked. I hope someone can help with some feedback on this?

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Thanks for posting; we’re sorry you’re going through a difficult time and havenā€™t had many replies yet. Please donā€™t take this personally; this may be because users are taking a bit of time deciding how to reply; also, it can sometimes take a while for people to reply to new topics.

As you want to talk to someone who understands OCD, lease remember that you can also contact theĀ OCD Action Help and Information Line. Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD (or who think they may have OCD). Contact our Helpline by:

ā€“ phone: 0300 636 5478

ā€“ email:Ā support@ocdaction.org.uk

And please remember that youā€™re never alone ā€“ OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.