Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts What do you do to stop seeking reassurance from others

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by wannabefree.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lmont
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have had ocd on and off for over 20 years. My recent bout takes on the for of POCD and harm OCD. When I have a thought, action or impulse I feel the overwhelming need to speak to my partner. However I have abused this so much that my partner cannot listen anymore and I need to make some big changes. May I ask other people what do you do instead of talking about it as a way of reassurance? Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

wannabefree
      Participant

Hi there. Just stop. Literally, Just stop asking. For just a few hours to start with. Believe it or not. It actually works. And people around us start to like us again.

This all sounds too good to be true, but, give it a go. You may be amazed at the results, and you will have done it for yourself.

Welcome!

Wannabe

wannabefree
        Participant

Wannabefree’s blog on Friday night this week (15/09/2023) will be looking at the awful risks we take when seeking reassurance from those around us…

lmont
          Participant
          Participant

@Wannabefree how do I access the blog?

wannabefree
            Participant

Hi there. It is an ordinary regular post in the forum for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.  I don’t know how to do a proper blog as such. I just write it as an ordinary post, in a thread marked blog, as I  intend to try to update it every Friday evening at about the same time. Well, that’s the intention anyway! It gives me something to do… And this is about the limit of my capabilities! ????

Wannabe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.