Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    saroja
    Participant

I’ve had ocd since I was 25 and  my themes changed over time. Is that normal? No matter what the theme is, if I ask myself before the theme changes what I like most about myself, that is what the next theme focuses on. Is that really weird?

filly4thirteen
      Participant

I can only really speak for the first question as I don’t fully understand the second.  I’ve had what I now know to be OCD  since about the age of 20. Im Now 37. My first theme was fear of going to jail for whatever reason. It changed to fear of asbestos killing my family, then fear my dog was gonna die. Then came  the messy divorce and it has changed to more harm thoughts. But on thing I’ve noticed throughout my life is it attacks my worst fears at that time in my life. To say the theme changing is normal is defiantly normal. If you look back on all the themes I’m sure you can find a commonality amongst them. Mine have always been geared towards perfectionism and the fear of not being perfect in everything I do. As a son, a husband, a father, a employee and simply a human above reproach. It’s exhausting but the old saying is true. If you’re going thru he’ll go thru it as if you own the place.

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here:

Thanks very much for posting on the forums. We just want you to know that you’re never alone and OCD Action is here to support you.

If you’d like to talk to or email someone who understands OCD, please contact our OCD Action Helpline.

You can get confidential information about and support from a Helpline volunteer who understands how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.