Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    panicajack
    Participant

Hi Ak91,

Sorry to hear about your struggles in your mind. I’m afraid I can’t help you too much with your predicament unfortunately, but I wanted to let you know that I too find my self in the exact same situation as yourself. I know I have OCD already and have been with a partner for a long time and moved in together and I too have these doubts you have mentioned above. I have problems around whether I find her attractive anymore, if I find anyone attractive anymore, if I’d be happier on my own and taking some time to be myself and ‘find myself’ as they say as I feel really lost. But I do the same things as you and check and compare – these are standard OCD type behaviours, but because you do this doesn’t necessarily  mean OCD… so I too find myself questioning, am I happy? Should I let her go? Or is this all on my mind and my deteriorating mental health? Do you find this is where you are as well?

I should mention I have had depression and things in the past but I’ve been this way for a little over a year now.

Id like to learn more about your situation in hope we can try resolve our issues since they are on similar wavelengths and maybe we can help each other out!

Hope you find your answers and can be happy regardless!

panic

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Forum moderators here; we’re sorry you’ve been going through a difficult time and haven’t had many replies yet to your topic. Please don’t take this personally or ever think you’re alone – if you look at the forums, you can read other users’ topics that are similar to yours.

You can also contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential and unbiased help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand OCD and how it can impact your entire life.

Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

You can also find out about support groups on our website. These offer a safe place where you can talk openly about your OCD and support and encourage other people too. Our information about UK-based groups can be found here:

If you don’t live in the UK, you can look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Look in the section “Find Help” and then under “Listing Types”, choose “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Regards,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.