Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ocdsucks
    Participant

Hi everyone  It’s just knowing someone else is experncing ocd that helps. It’s been a year I had recovered from but never stopped checking emotions and trying to feel it, or when I felt something close to it my mind went straight into alert, even though the thoughts had gone, I’m just scared I won’t get it back, as it’s always been my biggest fear not being capable of remorse and not trusting myself that I’ll feel it again. I was always super remorseful and empathetic to people. I’m just scared I won’t get it back or feel it strong enough. All I know is I want to feel it and am to scared to let go because I’m scared I won’t feel it. Does anyone reckon I’ll get better?

johna2
      Participant

Just to add, empathy is good, but ask yourself, “is remorse really such a good thing?” It’s rather like guilt. I used to feel a great deal of guilt and remorse when I was a church goer. But since I packed up with fundamentalist religion I’ve eased up on that kind of thing. I now cut myself far more slack.

If remorse comes naturally, fair enough, but don’t try to force remorse. Maybe you don’t need to feel so remorseful.

Forum Moderators

Hello:

Forum Moderators here; We just want to remind you that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

You can get confidential information and support for your OCD from a Helpline volunteer who knows how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this reminder is helpful,

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.