Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by johna2.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    leigh123
    Participant

Hi hoping for some advice or anyone that can relate. Most my OCD thoughts are false memories relating to cheating but recently it has changed to like when I have actually slept with people in the past I’m worried they may have overlapped in to my current relationship. I get confused with dates and try to figure out the exact date and times that I did these things. There’s this one occasion that is causing me so much stress and anxiety, I remember sleeping with this boy but I was positive it was before I met my boyfriend but now I have convinced myself I have no idea when it happened so it could’ve overlapped in to my relationship and I would have then cheated. I asked my sister about it as I spoke to her the day I met this boy and she said it was definitely before I met my boyfriend but it isn’t enough to stop the thought. I feel like I need to message the guy and ask him but I have no way of contacting him and to be honest I’d rather never speak to him he was huge mistake but I can’t live with this anxiety it’s eating at me so bad:(

johna2
      Participant

Contacting that boy sounds like a compulsion. I wouldn’t do it if I were you. If in doubt, probably do nothing.

Any checking tends to make ocd worse.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.