Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Colleen
    Participant

Does anyone have any advice for overcoming of the feel of guilt when you have done something wrong and you have relationship OCD? I am plagued with memories of things my OCD brain thinks are wrong and make me unfaithful and dishonest; subconscious thoughts/actions mainly. They are probably thoughts a non OCD mind would not analyse and move on from. I struggle with guilt and the desire to confess these minor things to my partner, because I have held them from him or there is a small nugget of truth in my belief that I have a ted wrong. Years ago I vowed to stop ‘confessing’ such things to him as, they are not serious enough to make him leave me, and all it does is risk hurting him. It used to give me temporary relief, but my brain would still not let it go. I would reform the scenario, thinking of other angles to make me guiltly of something. Or I would remember new things.

I know I am a good wife, I know these things are so minor in the scheme of things (even to mention them makes them seem like more). I also know he would rather not listen to these things. It is torture for me.

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Forum moderators here; Please don’t ever think you’re alone: remember that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.