Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tamagochi
    Participant

I am getting worse and I start thinking that a visit to Psychiatrist is due, my levels of anxiety are extreme now.

I was always very afraid of STDs, it was actually in the past a source of OCD for me. Therefore I thought that if I had an encounter I would have made STD tests afterwards.

I looked for an history of STDs test done several months after that and I found nothing, which made me relax and therefore I could not be the Father.

It lasted several days that calm, today after some comment from a friend who I shared my story with I started to panic again. I started to have memories of that night. I do not know if these are real memories or false memories.

I think it was a compulsion looking for some STD tests history and I think that it calmed me down for some time but now the concerns and thoughts come again stronger.

I was considering about asking that woman but I am afraid that even if She tells me that I am not the Father I will not calm down and I will think that She is lying to me because She is not interested to show the truth to husband or ex husband, specially during a divorce process that she told me she is going through.

The only thing that could release me would be a negative result from a DNA paternity test but a positive result would put me really down because of personal circumstances really long to explain here.

If someone could help me with some comment…I will appreciate enormously.

Forum Moderators

Forum moderators here:

Thanks for posting on the forums; we understand you’re having a difficult time coping with your thoughts and what may be OCD. We’re sorry you haven’t had any more replies yet. Please don’t take this personally or ever think you’re alone. It may just be that forum users are taking a bit of time to consider how to reply.

And please remember that you can also contact the OCD Action Help and Information Line to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential and unbiased help, information and support for people with OCD (or who  think they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD and all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (UK number).
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

You can also find out about support groups on our website. These offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people too. Our information about UK-based groups can be found here:

If you don’t live in the UK,  look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Look in the section “Find Help” and then under “Listing Types”, choose “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.