Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Perfectionism is the worst part of OCD

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by heretostay.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    heretostay
    Participant

I don’t know how perfectionism affects you guys or if you don’t but for me it’s by far the worst aspect of OCD. Every time I do a compulsion because of my OCD I can’t enjoy anything I enjoyed the moment before I did that compulsion, I have this weird “better me” thing with OCD, for example let’s say I’m playing a video game and I enjoy it and in the night I do a compulsion and regret it, the next day I won’t be able to enjoy the game anymore because that was from a better time, that was when the “better me” didn’t make that mistake, and this happens for every aspect of life. Buying my favourite food now makes me feel like shit because I liked that food before my OCD happened, you see what I mean? I can’t even enjoy the season 2/3/4 etc of my favourite series that came out this year, even watching it isn’t as fun anymore. I don’t know why I do this but I literally can not enjoy anything I did previous to either getting OCD or doing a compulsion and I constantly have to adopt new things as the memories of the old things I enjoy just give me pain. I really want this to stop

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.