Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) OCD spike that is so painful and scary

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    recoveryqueen
    Participant

Hi please let me know if there’s anyone who can talk. I’m really going through it at the moment. My OCD was in remission before this pretty much. I had a bad trip from weed and it’s awful again like it was years ago when it first showed up. I’m having obsessive and intrusive thoughts about hurting my cat and even urges to. I love my cat so much. Why did this happen to me. I feel the safest and the least anxious when I’m asleep. If I’m awake it’s like I need a comfort blanket like a podcast or a movie or a phone call. I’ve never been through anything this bad. This is a new low for me. I keep imagining the most horrible things and scenarios. Please somebody help if you can. I am genuinely suffering. This is so much pain and fear to feel. The last time I posted on here was years ago. What can I do to make the thoughts go away? I’m trying to just sit with it and desensitize myself to it but it is so hard and scary. I have a therapist and I’m on medicine. Just went up on my meds and thinking that should help a bit. Please I love my cat and I can’t live with this new theme

johna2
      Participant

Hey, it’s good that you’ve been in remission for a while.

I was ill with ocd back in 2006/7, and when I got over it I thought I’d got over it for good. But then in 2020 during lock down it came back really bad for several months. It can happen that way.

I don’t want to sound preachy, but I’m not sure that weed is altogether good for ocd sufferers. Maybe try to cut right back or stop entirely.

Ocd won’t cause you to hurt your cat. Ocd tends to attack us with regard to people and things we love and value most. It’s done that to me in the past. Yes, its horrible at the time, but just be aware that you really don’t want to hurt your cat. Just sit with your cat and let the thoughts rise and fall.

Hope you soon feel back to normal again. Stay strong. You can do it.

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Forum moderators here; we’re sorry you’ve been going through a difficult time and haven’t had many replies yet to your topic. Please don’t take this personally or ever think you’re alone – if you look at the forums, you can read other users’ topics that are similar to yours.

You can also contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential and unbiased help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand OCD and how it can impact your entire life.

Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

You can also find out about support groups on our website. These offer a safe place where you can talk openly about your OCD and support and encourage other people too. Our information about UK-based groups can be found here:

If you don’t live in the UK, you can look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Look in the section “Find Help” and then under “Listing Types”, choose “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Regards,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.