Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts OCD or psychosis- please help me

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    saf
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to this site but I’m really struggling and in a bad way at the moment. I’ve had OCD since I was about 8 where I suffered from intrusive thoughts that upset/scared me. When I was at secondary school I would sit on my hands a lot so I knew I wasn’t swearing at anyone and would keep my lips closed tight so I didn’t say anything bad when walking past certain people. It’s probably only been in the last 5/6 years that I’ve realised it’s OCD but because I didn’t know what it was for a long time, I thought I was just dangerous. I’ve also had thoughts like ive poisoned drinks with bleach so I have to keep remaking them until it feels right. The thing that scares me more than anything is false memory OCD which can be immediate for me too. I’ve had 2 particularly bad episodes that I feel could of been more like psychosis as I feel maybe I lost touch with reality and it scares me so much. The episodes were over 19 years ago and I had to have counselling about 10 years ago as they were still in my mind. One nurse said that it sounded a bit like psychosis. I was ok for a long time after my counselling etc although maybe still a bit worried but was able to live a fairly normal life. Right now though I’m going through a very stressful time in my personal life with big changes coming up and now those 2 events are back in my head and I feel cant go on anymore. I’m constantly googling OCD, psychosis and other mental illnesses and I feel like maybe I don’t just have OCD and it scares me. Im also constantly asking my mom that of I’d done something bad then I would know by now, wouldn’t I? I’m just so depressed and scared all the time and I’m frightened to move on with life because I feel I can’t get this out my head as I feel something bad is going to happen. I spend hours and hours ruminating about it and I just can’t cope anymore. Sorry its such a long post but I wondered if anyone has any advice or a similar experience/worry.?

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here:

Thanks for posting on the forum and we’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet. Please don’t take this personally; sometimes it takes a while for people to reply. We just want you to know that you’re never alone and OCD Action is here to support you.

If you’d like to talk to or email someone who understands OCD, please contact our OCD Action Helpline.

You can get confidential information about and support from a Helpline volunteer who understands how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.