Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    annocd
    Participant

I wrote on this forum that I suffer from tourette’s and compulsive disorders  i.e. repeated touching of objects, but for some time I had control over it, it seemed to me that maybe I will even get out of it, unfortunately for some time ocd is coming back in new forms, for example looking for a product in an online store it took me a few days because I had to choose the product that I thought was right

I know what it is it is absurd and pathetic but it makes life so difficult i wish i could heal all people with this disorder. Most often I get up in the morning and make coffee then I come back to my room and I have to turn on the computer twice, sometimes before going to sleep I also have to put the phone and other things on the carpet behind the bed and get up many times to get it right number of times until I think that’s enough, recently I got obsessed with the fact that if I get up immediately or because in 2 minutes I have to get up because otherwise something bad will happen .. even though I could lie on the bed much longer.

Sometimes I would to volunteer but I am also unemployed and I cannot just open up to the world and people, I feel like I have almost burned outs from this disorder, constant tension and this analyzing I cannot stop, even if I have time, where I do not do it for some time, then it comes back!

I’m be curious about your opinions about this, how do you deal with it?

Forum Moderators

Hello:

Forum Moderators here – Please look at the OCD Action website, where you’ll find helpful information and resources about conditions related to OCD here: https://ocdaction.org.uk/learn-about-ocd/related-disorders/

You can also contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential and unbiased help, information and support for people with OCD and related conditions. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is  here to help and support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.