Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts OCD and Anxiety – end in sight ?

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by scavaforz.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    scavaforz
    Participant

to cut a long story short, been suffering from anxiety and OCD for about a year now. All started during the first lockdown, did all the usual checking my self  and whatnot.

out of no where, met this girl at a party, ended up dating for 6 months, told her about my struggles and she understood and even helped a bit.

out the blue, we broke up which then made my anxiety go through the roof. Thought it couldn’t get much worse than this and then my work told me that they wanted me To resign but managed to be put on a performance plan which isn’t great. I just feel like everything has come at once and really struggling to cope with the pressure of it all. I also was told things come in 3 so I am Anxiously waiting for that to happen as well.

I have found since the break up my OCD thoughts have come back even stronger .. looking at guys and asking so I find him attractive, and seeing if there is any reaction. Actively choosing to work from home to avoid people and stop the thoughts

I have a nee GP now who has prescribed me sertreline, been taking it for 2 weeks now but has anyone else had this ? Did it help at all? Of just another medication that doesn’t help.

has anyone been in the same boat as me? And recovered ? Im really struggling, I feel people should assume I should be okay and I don’t want to talk about it as it takes up a lot of conversation and I’m scared friends and family will get bored or annoyed at me. I just want to know that things will get better and there’s light at the end of the tunnel

thanku

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.