Close
  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by panicajack.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    panicajack
    Participant

Reading this forum, it’s nice to know I’m not the only one with this ocd ‘problem’ for use of a better word. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone and I’m saddened to hear  everyone’s struggles. It’s great when things start to make sense about why we think the way we do and it all starts to piece together isn’t it? The issue is however although we know why, it doesn’t, for myself anyway, help much in changing the way we are now and the brain does what it does best and that is to ruminate into areas where we wouldn’t want to focus our time and attention but yet that’s where it will go!

When I was at school I had issues you probably know about, the anxiety, the panic attacks the lot and it would kill me! I don’t really get anxious by them anymore if I’m honest, I’m not sure if I’ve gotten used to it and deal with it better or if it’s the medication etc. But you’re not alone with the thoughts and the anxiety!
      I’m some days unable to leave my bed and I had a period where I would be anxious to leave the house and I was a recluse and it was my safe haven, but small steps out, little walks and things made it better until you realise, it’s not too bad out here! And I suppose we should really be doing the same with our OCD, but it’s a bit tricker to do that I guess!
      I too hope we don’t have to suffer like this forever and hope we can beat it and if you need someone to talk to about the issues this causes and to share best practises or troubled times I’d always be happy to discuss things 🙂 wishing you all well!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.