Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I keep obsessing over something that happened 18 years ago, I was hanging around with a group that were not a good influence on me. I felt pressured to fit in and I willingly agreed to meet someone. After I told my friends about this, they said ”arent they older?” anyway On and off for years its tormented me not knowing them well and I feel like I did something awful even if they were older than me I never had any contact with this person and I dont even know their name. Part of my head says they were not but the other doubt is really upsetting me.

I feel like an awful person and keep thinking about it and doing compulsions to make the anxiety go away.

wannabefree
      Participant

Hi there,

We actually become better people by making mistakes and learning from them. Everyone on the planet has a history. We all goofed and messed up as kids, definitely. And our parents before us too. It is a normal function of living. A normal process. Take heart my friend, if we didn’t do things wrong, how else would we know how to correct things, when things went wrong. No one is perfect, regardless of what they may say. As we grow up, we get better at doing things right. And that can only be a good thing. I guess that it is often easier to forgive others for their shortcomings, than it is for us to forgive ourselves, and move on. And yet, we are just as worthy of forgiveness as those around us. Definitely.

Wannabe

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Forum moderators here; we’re sorry you’ve been going through a difficult time and haven’t had many replies yet to your topic. Please don’t take this personally or ever think you’re alone – if you look at the forums, you can read other users’ topics that are similar to yours.

You can also contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential and unbiased help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand OCD and how it can impact your entire life.

Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

You can also find out about support groups on our website. These offer a safe place where you can talk openly about your OCD and support and encourage other people too. Our information about UK-based groups can be found here:

If you don’t live in the UK, you can look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Look in the section “Find Help” and then under “Listing Types”, choose “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Regards,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.