Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by wannabefree.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ray78
    Participant

Mental health services in the city I live in are dreadful – really really bad – so I’m not sure if going to A&E would help. It’s an option although several miles away. The irony is the hospital with the city’s psychiatric unit is only one mile from our house but that hospital doesn’t have A&E.

wannabefree
      Participant

Hi there. There is a book called ‘Break free from ocd’, I don’t know who wrote it, and another, which deals with things like this, is by David Burns  MD in America.  ‘Feeling good, The new mood therapy’ , it’s a brilliant book, He covers things like feeling guilty, and the idea of Catastrophising, which is something that did actually force me out of a job I was good at… It is quite an old book ,so it may be available on ebay… He helped me immensely, so much, that I gave my copy away…  This can be fixed… It’s just a case of finding the right remedy… There are books by Rob Wilson, and Rhena branch, on amazon,  David Veale is another one that comes to mind.  Books about how to do your own CBT therapy, by someone who knows exactly what you feel like… Yourself.

Wannabe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.