Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    luckstring
    Participant

Does anyone agree with me that life with ocd can is like being tortured every day? Life is pretty hellish for most people with ocd and I feel like I’m living in hell right now.

I know I’m a big perfectionist and assume that perfection will always be my default. And I think evil thoughts about church and religion. The more I think these thoughts and want to be a perfect the more I feel like a failure and suffer guilt and low self worth.

I want to give up on perfectionism, and have a more realistic point of view. But the problem is just so complex and Im to blame as I’m so bothered about everything. If only I could care far less than I do, be far less of a perfectionist, I’d no longer be full of guilt 24/7.

johna2
      Participant

I used to think like that; perfectionism and all that. But I changed my view on God and religion.

I think the Ultimate Reality must be beyond both good and evil as we humans tend to think of them. And I reckon that both good and evil must proceed from this Reality.

I don’t think we can ever be perfectly good. It’s just not possible. After all, our ancestors were pretty damn savage, so we have that as our inheritance to struggle against.

If I were you I’d try to be more gentle and forgiving with/of yourself. If your intentions are good, that’s good enough.

Forum Moderators

Hi:

We’re sorry you’re going through a difficult time with OCD and we want you to know that OCD Action offers several types of support for you.

You can contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD. Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

Support groups for people with OCD offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people. Read information about UK-based groups here:

If you don’t live in the UK, look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Under “Find Help”, choose “Listing Types”, then “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.