Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cuthbert The Fantastic
    Participant

Hi everyone

I have had OCD severely impact my existence since I was about 17. I’m now 38, and things are at last starting to get better, however, I still seem to self-sabotage and I think it is because I am afraid of life without mental illness if that makes any sense

Does anyone have any advice about facing life after a long period of mental illness as I’m definitely choosing to stay in a rut, and I think it is because I’m not sure how to cope with life or what to expect, or perhaps not want what I think my life will be like without it.

If anyone has any advice, and/or any resources that would be really nice. I love Audiobooks as I listen to them on my bike and they really really seem to help. But once again, any advice would be much appreciated to help me start living life once again.

Thanks everyone

Forum Moderators

Hello:

This is the moderators replying – thanks for posting about asking for advice about facing life after living with mental illness. While you’re waiting for replies, please browse through the forums, as you can read other users’ topics that are similar to yours.

You can also contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential and unbiased help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand OCD and how it can impact your entire life.

Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

You can also find out about support groups on our website. These offer a safe place where you can talk openly about your OCD and support and encourage other people too. Our information about UK-based groups can be found here:

If you don’t live in the UK, you can look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Look in the section “Find Help” and then under “Listing Types”, choose “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Regards,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.