Close
  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by wannabefree.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    wannabefree
    Participant

Hi everyone… Isn’t it weird relaxing into the new Covid rules in the UK?  Yesterday my daughter came… For the first time in a year. We chatted for five hours! This morning my brother in law came… We had so much news… And this afternoon I visited my sons, we haven’t seen them since Christmas day!  I still wear my mask in shops… It took a long time to get used to looking like a bank robber, and it will be weird when we stop… Whenever that will be.  Shopping was interesting… The supermarket didn’t have any antibac gel. Mind you, that could be because I went in through the exit door! Easily done when there is no queue of people waiting, and it is not my village supermarket…  Today, hand washing was only between sandwich fillings, before starting, and when my fingers got really sticky. Anything on the fridge door? I really don’t know. But up to now it has always been okay…  I try not to worry about the post, sometimes it actually lands on the doormat… And today, people were eating ice creams… I remember the old days of ‘Mr Whippy’, and ‘Tonibell’ ice cream vans with the plonky music. We would hear them long before they arrived on our street. We never washed our grubby hands… We paid with coins and banknotes. We handled the cornets with bare hands… Took the monetary change back to Mother. We would sometimes have a Neapolitan block. And share it in bowls with toffee syrup sprinkled on. If we ever did get mildly ill, it would just be our immune systems developing. No one ever sued the ice cream seller. The little van, with the pictures and prices on the windows, and the freezer compartment with heavy lids. Ice lollies… dripping everywhere as they melted. And 99’s, with the chocolate flake stick in. Did they use gloves? I doubt it. And then they’d be driving the vehicle too… The painted sign on the back- Stop, children crossing.  We never had clean hands… Money was really grubby… No credit cards then…  We paid for things by Cheque, borrowing pens to write them. And we were yet to have fast food restaurants… But in ordinary restaurants, we would have a bread roll with butter at the table. The roll cut in bare hands, the little butter packet open with bare fingers… We didn’t get ill… So, just maybe, we can use that door handle that others have touched before us ,and will maybe handle after us. We are very unlikely to give them something they haven’t already got themselves. Antibac on the way into a shop, handle everything into the trolley, put it all through the till, regardless of what is on the conveyor belt. Pay by cash or card, just as we have done for years… Then get it all stored away at home. A relaxing cup of decaff coffee to celebrate the task completed… Turn the anxiety into eager anticipation of things turning out okay… More later, God bless you for reading.

Wannabe

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.