Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts I’m not sure if I care anymore

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by OCDandme.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    OCDandme
    Participant

Hi, I wanted to ask about experiences with medication and treatment. I think. I’m not really sure exactly what’s going on at the moment.

I have been on fluoxetine for two years and had CBT. Both helped really well and I think I managed to understand my OCD, that mainly relates to harm and self harm. But for a while I’ve been asking myself what I feel. I feel numb sometimes. Like I should care more but I just don’t. Could that be the medication? Or have i desensitised to my thoughts that much that nothing means anything anymore?

I don’t mean to sound all philosophical, I’m just worried that I’ve stopped caring. I think what if loved ones were to die and I don’t think it bothers me. And I don’t really get worried about repercussions of stuff because if life ever got that bad there’s always a way out.

I’m not even sure what it is I’m trying to say. I just don’t think this can be how it is from now on.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.