Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts I like to write my thoughts down

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MartinDixon1
    Participant

Hi there…I like to write down my ocd thoughts even though the thoughts say I am not allowed to! It feels like my ocd has rules I must follow. I am really struggling but hoping to move on shortly and start again. Anyone else like writing OCD thoughts down?

johna2
      Participant

If I were you I’d try not to write them down as it could become a compulsive activity. Try rather to let them be and let them go.

Forum Moderators

Thanks for posting on the forum and we’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet. Please don’t take this personally; sometimes it takes a while for people to reply. We just want you to know that you’re never alone and OCD Action is here to support you.

If you’d like to talk to or email someone who understands OCD, please contact our OCD Action Helpline.

You can get confidential information about and support from a Helpline volunteer who understands how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.