Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Choking on flowers.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dada25
    Participant

I don’t know if there a good side of ocd? I mean basically can I still be a good person, one who is completely harmless, even if I have intrusive thoughts. I try to focus on the positives but don’t feel any better. It’s grim.

Forum Moderators

Hi:

We’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet and we want you to know that OCD Action offers other types of support for you.

You can contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD. Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

Support groups for people with OCD offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people. Read information about UK-based groups here:

If you don’t live in the UK, look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Under “Find Help”, choose “Listing Types”, then “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Choking on flowers
        Participant

hello there!

I’ve been diagnosed with OCD about 4 years now. At first, I used to be in the same mind space as you. I had trouble seeing how my thoughts would in any way make me a good person. I’ve had the most vile and disgusting thoughts one can think of. But as years went by, I learned how to manage. I still get disturbing thoughts now and then, but I pay no mind to them now. There comes a time when you have to realize that you can’t let this constant ruminating affect your everyday life. You have to take action over your own life. Trust me that once you learn how to regain control over yourself, things will get better. It definitely isn’t easy. It took me 4 years to get to where I am now! And I’m sure I’ll relapse once more or mayhaps not. That doesn’t matter. What matters is how you handle your life.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.