Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lisawell
    Participant

Hi:

My wife has ocd and she says I’m an enabler but I think I am not one, like she is not her ocd. I try to remember she don’t actually want the thoughts and to say mean things and it’s just ocd. But I want to help her more.

Forum Moderators

Hello:

Forum moderators here – thanks for sharing this in this sub-forum.

You can also contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD (and their family members too). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact a family’s life.

Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

Also, OCD  support groups for people with OCD sometimes welcome family members too. They’re a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people.  Information about UK-based groups is here:

If you don’t live in the UK,  look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) site. Look under “Find Help” then under “Listing Types” and “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re not alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Regards,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.