Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by johna2.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nigel
    Participant

Since my teens I was hardly ever single. I was usually in a long relationship. There were signs of anxiety during one relationship but that didnt last. Neither did the relationship. During my last relationship when I got engaged, a then friend pointed out that he thought I had OCD. Had noticed I felt different but I hadn’t noticed anything extreme until he said & then it got really  extreme. I told my ex that I was anxious and described some of the symptoms. She seemed to understand bit in the end my anxiety contributed to the relationship breakdown. I’ve not had a relationship since and it scares me. How do a pick a date up without her noticing I’m checking nothing has fallen out of the car? How do I spend time with her and relax without wanting to check an imaginary object has fallen into her pocket?

How can I get past this?

johna2
      Participant

I think maybe you will have to be honest from the get-go. Tell them about your ocd. You probably need someone strong enough to refuse to go along with your compulsions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.