Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts Help me please need some advice

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gtfonatalie
    Participant

Greetings everyone, I’m a 22 year old female, and in essence, I think what I’m going through is OCD. I feel all of the symptoms and I guess you could say I diagnosed myself in fear of seeing a doctor. This all started when I was about 18 or 19, it felt like my brain had suddenly stopped functioning. The feeling of having OCD scared me every time, so I would obsessively research the web. However, I found that it is actually a form of OCD which I was able to I guess somewhat cope with. The thing is I still get these thoughts to this day, hence why I’m writing this thoughts like “don’t kid yourself you are a bad person”  “youll act on your thoughts one day”. Reading what other people with this have to say helps me cope with the thoughts , they usually just say tell to acknowledge the thoughts as “OCD” and ignore them. Which usually works, but sometimes the doubt gets to me and I end up here. There’s just something about seeing a doctor about this that makes me extremely nervous, as I fear being misdiagnosed and being labeled as like a danger to society or something.

wannabefree
      Participant

Hi there, I reckon that, as we are probably more aware of ourselves than non-ocd’ers, we are actually less likely to do any harm to anyone. We care more than we really need to. And that makes us good people at heart, the salt of the earth we might say. We are conscientious, which, in a difficult situation, will actually hold us back from doing harm. So then, it is just random thoughts going around in our head, that, because it is highly likely that we won’t actually follow through on anything bad. Our natural self conscious will resist the compulsion.

Wannabe

Forum Moderators

Hello:

Forum Moderators here – Please look at the OCD Action website, where you’ll find helpful information and resources about conditions related to OCD here: https://ocdaction.org.uk/learn-about-ocd/related-disorders/

You can also contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential and unbiased help, information and support for people with OCD and related conditions. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to help and support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.