Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts Got too drunk and forgot most of the evening

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    poorlyrhino
    Participant

I know I shouldn’t have gotten drunk because it makes my OCD worse. If I could go back and not get drunk, I would! I don’t see the appeal in it these days.

anyway – having no memory of last night is really freaking me out. I think I did an OCD compulsion, according to the notes on my phone… But I have no memory of it!

By the sounds of it I must’ve seen a photo of one of my triggers whilst scrolling my phone – and my compulsion in response to any of my triggers is to mentally check.

I feel awful and my brain is filling the memory gaps with ‘what ifs’.

Orwell1984
      Participant

Alcohol depletes your serotonin so you obsess more, which is what you’re doing.  OCD people need more serotonin, so alcohol not advised.

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here: it sounds like you’re going through a very difficult time and might want to talk to bsomeone who understands.

You can also contact the OCD Action Helpline – our Helpline volunteers provide confidentia information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life.

Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

You can also find out about support groups on our website. These offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people too. Our information about UK-based groups can be found here:

If you don’t live in the UK, you can look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Look in the section “Find Help” and then under “Listing Types”, choose “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to help and support you.

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.