Close
  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by Nigel.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nigel
    Participant

Hello.

I’ve been away from the forum for some time. I used to post light hearted comedy sketches in the Coffee Area based on my experiences with checking.

I’m coping but I’m scared. Sometimes I feel like I’m doing really well & then it’s like I could fall apart.

I’ve suffered anxiety for many years & noticed OCD in 2009. Well, someone pointed it out to me, I just noticed I wasn’t acting as I normally would.

It started after mum passed away about losing things specially any thing attached to her, even scraps of paper. This developed into worrying about losing anything or those I care about losing things. I’ve gone from spending 3 hours checking every morning to 5 to 10 minutes. But then it feels like I’m going backwards. I started making listed of everything I carry. Now I don’t those lists. I know the cycle and that making lists it fuelling the OCD.

It’s weird because I am hear to ask for your similar stories and support but as I am writing this partly seeking the dreaded reassurance, it’s clear that its OCD pestering me. I should just say enjoying every minute is better than worrying over materials. It’s not so easy though.

It would be great to hear from you.

Thanks

Nice to meet you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.