Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts Fear of Anger Turning Into Something Worse

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chocokitty
    Participant

Hello!

I hope everyone is doing great. These days I noticed something that I did not feel before. Since last year, i have been very interested in a sport that I had been following during my teenage years in early 2010s. Last year I was back into following it but noticed that my favorite athlete gets too much unfairness and negativity. Now on Twitter whenever I see something bad about the person that makes me feel angry, I feel really mad and have the urge to quote tweet that person who posted it and drag them, and I do it when i feel that extreme anger. I feel like I go crazy at that time. I don’t say anything unacceptable like I do not ever harass someone, I do not tell them death threats or anything. But that anger I feel at that time makes me scared because I fear that in the future I might get angry at those around me for whatever reason and physically harm them, even if I don’t have past of physical violence for the 25~ years of my time being on earth.

For the record, the therapist who diagnosed me with ocd 7 years ago also diagnosed me with adhd several years ago. They recommend I use meds when I have to work a lot but I don’t think those meds do any good to me so I didn’t continue. I do take sertralin for ocd. Sometimes I doubt my adhd though because i didn’t have much problem with focusing when i was a child. It gradually got worse after I was 15.

Thank you all in advance

wannabefree
      Participant

Hi there… I have this when certain ‘Celebrities’ come on TV, and I have to bite my lip to avoid swearing at the TV. Especially when any politicians come on.  Gym membership is a good way to burn the adrenalin off… Or going out for a ride on a pedal cycle. I prefer a treadmill though… With favourite music through headphones, so I don’t need to speak to anyone…

Wannabe

Forum Moderators

Hello:

Forum Moderators here; We just want to remind you that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

You can get confidential information and support for your OCD from a Helpline volunteer who knows how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this reminder is helpful,

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.