Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Runner1
    Participant

Hi, I think I have OCD and i read that you shouldn’t test yourself but what does that mean? I heard that is a very common in OCD and not a good idea. I have disturbing thoughts and I don’t want to responds to them but it can be very hard not to. Should I see a doctor who can help me?

wannabefree
      Participant

I would say, absolutely yes… When we are in the grip of this stuff, we need all the help we can get. There are self-help books available too, to give us the knowledge and courage to deal with things.  OCD Action does have some support groups, but it will depend where you live in the country, in order to find proximity to one. The Blue, green, orange and Purple tabs at the top of this page are well worth exploring too, whilst we wait for professional help.

Wannabe

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here:

Thanks for posting on the forum and we’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet. Please don’t take this personally; sometimes it takes a while for people to reply. We just want you to know that you’re never alone and OCD Action is here to support you.

If you’d like to talk to or email someone who understands OCD, please contact our OCD Action Helpline.

You can get confidential information about and support from a Helpline volunteer who understands how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.