Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Desperate for help- thought i was over it

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    yearsandyears
    Participant

I have had harm ocd and intrusive thoughts all my life since I was a child, however I have been doing so much better lately, I realise all my ocd fears are false  and working through a workbook has helped.  Then out of the blue I had a flashback from about 30 years ago to when I used to think if I thought bad things it could come true. that eventually caused me to have a breakdown, as I used to keep repeating horrible things in my head
      It has started the whole cycle of the ocd thoughts again,,,  I  tried to tell myself  yes but you can say anything in your head it doesnt make it true or happen… then bang it was like but  what if the words just appear in my head though like saying or wanting bad evil things to happen to people I love,  this is so far removed from who I am as a person as my ocd has always been about protecting my loved ones.  I would give up my life for them   but what if the horrible words just come into my head as things do with ocd.
      I fear the very idea of saying horrible bad things  even in my head as my thoughts have always been about the people I would give up my life for ,,, but this new thing has really got to me as the more I think about it the more obsessed I am with  it,,,  what can i do ,,please help if you can as i am really really distraught over this and I keep thinking, but what if something like that came into my head just because it could , what if it  cause something really evil or bad to happen, please try to help me if you can I am desperate.

johna2
      Participant

Remember, thoughts are just thoughts.

Forum Moderators

Hi:

We’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet and we want you to know that OCD Action offers other types of support for you.

You can contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD. Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

Support groups for people with OCD offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people. Read information about UK-based groups here:

If you don’t live in the UK, look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Under “Find Help”, choose “Listing Types”, then “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.