Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD Related Conditions Contamination ocd, fixation on the past

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    brainonfire
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am new here and I am very sorry, my English isn’t the best.

I was wondering if ther’s anyone with this one condition related to contamination OCD. I have contamination ocd related to dangerous chemicals and all the other hazardous stuff. At the moment it focuses around specific substance, i will not say what it is as I don’t want it to become a new theme for someone else.

The problem with my ocd is that I am most concerned about the possible or rather imagined past exposure to it. I spend my days thinking, analysing, trying to remember all the situations where I could have been exposed to that stuff and of course my ocd mind finds such instances and than my mind goes wild with all the “what ifs” and worst case scenarios.
      I feel like I also have these false memories where I think that I have used some specific thing at one point  that might have contained that substance. I don’t actually remember ever buying or using it but I get these sort of images in my mind where I see my self using it, or seeing it in my bathroom cabinet. They are not like real memories where you trully remember something, it’s hard to explain.
      Am I alone with these kind of thoughts about the past?

Forum Moderators

Hello:

Forum moderators here – we’d like to remind you that if you want to phone (or email) someone who understands OCD and who can support you, please contact our OCD Action Helpline. They can provide you with information and resources for living with OCD. Contact our Helpline by:

Also, the OCD Action website has lots of very useful information about OCD that may help you.

And please remember that you’re not alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Best wishes, Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.