Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MillyMolly
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

Hope this message finds you all well, or as well as can be.

After over 30 years of being tormented, disgusted, and terrified by my own thoughts, I’ve finally been clinically diagnosed with OCD. This is after decades of psychological assessments, little to no treatment, a wide range of medication for depression and anxiety, and being hospitalised on a psychiatric ward as a voluntary patient.

What concerns me is the medication I’ve been prescribed by my psychiatrist, which is: Duloxetine (90mg) and Chlorpromazine (25mg). My fear is that I’ll become a zombie on this medication, especially the antipsychotic.

I’m almost 50 years old, prediabetic, perimenopausal and there’s a family history of heart disease.  According to research, antipsychotic medication is linked to diabetes, as well as heart disease.

Due to repeated iatrogenic harms, I’m deeply sceptical of the medical profession.  I’m just so very exhausted by it all. Also, I’m my own breadwinner and desperately need to get back to work!

Will I be able to function on these medications? Does anyone have any experience of these medications?  Do these medications potentially cause more harm than good?

Any advice and/or information would be greatly appreciated (apologies for the long first post).

Best wishes,

Amy

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here:

Thanks very much for posting on the forums. We just want to remind you that you’re never alone and OCD Action is here to support you.

Please remember, if you’d like to talk to or email someone who understands OCD, please contact our OCD Action Helpline.

You can get confidential information about and support from a Helpline volunteer who understands how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.