Close
  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by wannabefree.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    wannabefree
    Participant

Hi Friends… Well, we got away with Christmas, didn’t we… Well, we’re all still here to tell the tale.  I tried to sit and read someone else’s book today… It’s not easy is it? I purposely got hold of a reading lamp to make it easier, sort of cosy, if you know what I mean… The decorations and tree are all down now, as we’ve passed twelfth night… And a lot of of the Christmas chocolate has gone…  There was an article in the news today, about how often we should wash towels… I diverted focus, to how often we use Hand’ towels…  Well… Quite a lot actually… I guess they get washed in our house, maybe once every two or three weeks… When they begin to ‘feel’ like they need washing. A word of thumb here… Never, ever sniff a towel… It will frighten you. There was an advert on TV suggesting that, every time we flush the loo, odours are flung up onto the soft surfaces in that particular room… This has happened in our houses since the day we were born… And all it has really done, is improved our immunity to the world around us… Quite naturally… We live in close contact with the other members of our families, and grow stronger as a result… Basically, we all use the same hand towel… Since we were big enough to use the grown-up toilet, and wash hands… I don’t know about the toddlers potty though!  Well, we are here to tell the tale…  Today I ordered a two-hand oven glove from amazon… I’m the chief cook in our house,… I do most of the shopping too, and use whichever checkout happens to be free, and without bothering to look and see if the person before me has anything I should worry about… There’s no need to know… The checkout operator has probably served five or six people in-between cleaning their hands, and in the frozen food shop, they wear gloves anyway… You can get some really nice food in the frozen food shop… Really nice and convenient. I buy special bread, that comes out of the freezer a couple of slices at a time, to be defrosted in the microwave, always fresh, and delicious spread with a favourite topping… The shop has a rewards system, that is operated via an app, so I have to handle my mobile phone as well as my bank cards, before putting the foodstuffs in my bag to take home. All my life this has been okay… I’ve done the ERP task, the research, to prove to myself, that there really is no need to use antibacterial gel, except when entering the store, not between individual items… Did I used to do that? Oh Yes… Dozens of times a day, from my own personal bottle… I don’t carry it anymore, just in case I find I cannot stop… So far, so good…  Tonight, I will sleep… I have YouTube on, and healing music… The plan is that, I have the sound on quiet, and drift off to sleep… And most nights, it works…  Nice smelling bed clothes help too, That’s pretty easy to do with detachable quilt covers. I still look at my writing, and like several of my friends, do Open university study… It keeps the brain cells active. I have written a book about the concept of Bontamination, as a an equal rival for the word Contamination, arguing both, in the realisation, that a lot of words we use in English language, are tainted with negative meanings.  The word ‘Attitude’ to me is so often linked with the word ‘Bad’. We don’t often hear about people having a ‘Good Attitude’, do we?  Well, not in my upbringing anyway… Please do look at my life’s work, under the pen name of Marcus John Kim, on Amazon…  I would like to be some use to people, in respect of the many years that I have been around OCD.  Us survivors are probably the best at understanding, and therefore, appreciating, just what OCD is like to live with, and how terribly it can affect us, and literally ruin our lives…  It could be said that, ‘Everyone has a book in them’, and not just celebrities, some of which get other writers to write for them!

Okay…  Time for night nights, and some really soothing music over the stereo system… Chat again soon

God bless you for reading.

Wannabe

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.