Close
  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by Choking on flowers.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Choking on flowers
    Participant

If you have ocd you’ll notice things that tend to overexaggerate certain features of characters to make them appear cuter. I think there are huge differences between how western animation and how it tend to depict characters. I don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with liking a certain character’s design. The main goal character design artists try to aim for is to make their main characters look appealing to the audience. That’s why you have the whole “main character” trope where every other character in a show looks bland compared to the main characters. The same applies to all characters. When it comes to designing a character, the aim is for the audience to find it cute or appealing (depending on the type of character of course). Think of it as like looking at an animal like a puppy. Puppies are cute and we like their cute features like their appearance and personalities, but not really because we find them attractive. As an example, think of [Moderators comment: please do not name series, characters or any form of content, especially content that other users may find triggering] is basically a dragon who takes the form of a person. She has cute eyes, hair, and outfits. But I don’t see her as attractive at all, just cute. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.