Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nickshin
    Participant

I am wondering how could an ocd situation be causing me distress if its not true/real.??

wannabefree
      Participant

The thoughts can seem ever so real, because we rehearse them over and over, our already incredible imagination making things seem real, even though they are most likely not.  Obviously, there can be no proof in any directions, but let’s be fair, we can’t done anything to upset anyone, or they would have challenged us if we had. They would have made a big issue of it, but I hazard a guess that it hasn’t, and they haven’t, so we need to teach ourselves how to be gentle with ourselves… ‘It can definitely help make things a bit easier for us’.

Wannabe

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here:

Thanks for posting on the forum and we’re sorry you’re going through such a difficult time. We just want you to know that you’re never alone and OCD Action is here to support you.

If you’d like to talk to or email someone who understands OCD, please contact our OCD Action Helpline.

You can get confidential information about and support from a Helpline volunteer who understands how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.