Close
  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anon35.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anon35
    Participant

Will try and make this sound like it’s OCD even though it is OCD.  I have always had issues with being late, not majorly, usually 3 minutes or so and not daily, but often enough.  I was good for months but its creeped back up again recently.  No real excuse other than I am pushing it to the limit, not giving myself enough time.

My manager caught me today so I pulled him aside & explained ” this week has been terrible, no heating, new boiler getting done, I’ve been late twice and I’ve no excuse ”

He said ” I know, it’s been noticed by myself and others, so it needs to sorted ASAP, as you know what will be next ”

I haven’t been told off for being late since September 2020, and even then it was only 5 minutes.  I haven’t been any later than 30 minutes for many years, and I mean years.  on September 2020, my manager did say ” if it happens again we will give you a formal warning ” so I’m assuming you know what would be next means if you don’t sort this now then it’s coming.  ”I wanted to catch up with you next week anyway, and my colleague together ” which I assume means he has also been late.  I then asked him if he could tell me why but he said he will wait until we are both here to do it, so I do assume it’s something like ‘ I have been taking too long on breaks and he has mentioned it, he has taken too long on breaks and its been mentioned so he wants to catch up with us at the same time ”

My manager said it’s a separate incident but it’s related.  I said right OK, speak to you sometime next week.

I know this is OCD, because I will think about this for days and feel terrible, I will not be able to switch off, without worrying.  I work for the council and there is a policy, many stages of formal warnings and I have none of that on my record so it would be unfair to dismiss me, my rational brain must know that surely?

On top of that, the shame, the guilt makes me feel worse.

Can anyone offer any advice this, other than, hold myself accountable for being even a few minutes late and move forward.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.