Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP !!!! X

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sweetrose1
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi , everyone I’ve had OCD for many years over 20 year’s! And I’m 39 year’s now !</p>
      This is a very odd obsession thought ! And i know you’re not meant to be ask for assurance but I need it so bad ;(

So anyway I suffer from really bad PMT I always have done! I always get it a couple of days in between my periods , anyway the PMT come along three weeks ago like it always does every month, anyway I’m so used to this I was on the phone to my friend when she said her sister is critically depressed over the menopause!!! And all I said was to her I hope I’m not suffering from depression and going through the menopause as I’m 39 years of age! This has caused massive anxiety and I keep thinking I’m clinically depressed ;( it’s got so bad I’m asking everyone that comes to my job if they’re over a certain age are they going through the menopause if they are what’s their symptoms, I’m looking up every symptom go going , I know I’m coming of that age but I am still quite young as I’m only 39 , I literally cannot believe this as soon as you told me her sister’s going through the menopause and she’s had a breakdown I’ve put the two and two together I said to her I hope I’m not going through the change!! This has caused me massive massive anxiety , I’ve RANG the doctors and I’m demanding a blood test. I wouldn’t mind I’m so used to my PMT I’ve had it since I’ve been about 23 years old, can someone please help with this half of me knows it’s OCD but it’s causing me massive anxiety keep thinking I’m critically depressed, my last OCD THOUGHT was breast cancer and I had to go and have a scan everything was fine, then again February this year I thought I had tonsil cancer the doctor sent me to the hospital and I had to swallow a pill by a string and they had to scrape it up through my chest and collect cells and everything come back fine ;/then the one before that was I thouht I had heart defect  a problem with my heart, and I had to wear a heart monitor for 48 hours! I know deep down it’s another OCD but it’s causing me massive anxiety and if you’re thinking about the same thing again and again it does bring you down!! This OCD is a massive circle if you keep thinking of the same thought you’re going to feel a bit down over it! But now I’m thinking I’m clinically depressed I’m having a breakdown and I’m going through the change! All because my friend told me her sisters had a breakdown her sister is 49 years!!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GET BACK TO ME REGARDING THIS! X X

sweetrose1
      Participant
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Hi is there anyone that could help on this ? X</p>

Forum Moderators

Hi:

We’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet and we want you to know that OCD Action offers other types of support for you.

You can contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD. Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

Support groups for people with OCD offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people. Read information about UK-based groups here:

If you don’t live in the UK, look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Under “Find Help”, choose “Listing Types”, then “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.