Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    goose43
    Participant

Hi – I can relate to every word you’ve posted. I have OCD and am familiar with Harm OCD having experienced the same theme myself.

It can really freak you out when you are holding a knife and you feel like youre body/brain wants to respond to a ‘command’ but you know its not true and not really happening.

OCD voice can shout ‘commands’ which can be very distressing, like ‘stab him’ etc. Sometimes its visual – which is terrifying.

It can make you doubt who you are and make you question everything about yourself.

I am currently seeing a therapist for CBT / ERP and constantly amazed that she has never called the police to take me away! The work im doing with her is so valuable – i strongly recommend looking for a therapist for exposure response prevention and CBT.

Take care, you will be ok xxx

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Thanks for coming to the forums for help.

We’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet. Please don’t take this personally; this may be because you asked forum users if you have OCD. Other users can’t tell you if you have OCD; only a medical professional can diagnose you with OCD

But please remember that you can also contact the OCD Action Help and Information Line to get more information about an assessment to see if you’re diagnosed with OCD

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD (or who think they may have OCD). Contact our Helpline by:

– phone: 0300 636 5478 (UK number).

– email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

And plea remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to support you.

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.