Close
  • This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by leigh123.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    leigh123
    Participant

Hi all just hoping for some advice or anyone that understands. I just had a breakdown and couldn’t stop crying, I just feel like I don’t know what is real and what isn’t in my head anymore and it’s unbearable! I just have the constant need to figure all these things out in my head, are they real, what does this say about me if they are, who will I lose if they’re real, could I live with myself if they are:(I can’t sit with uncertainty I just need to be sure of everything, I don’t want any of the things in my head to be real! I keep looking at brain surgery, I just want to be fixed. I really can’t live like this anymore.

Ray78
      Participant

You sound just like me and a lot of OCD sufferers I’ve known and know. Everything you describe I believe is very high anxiety and the fear of loss of identify is very common. Are you receiving any treatment?

wannabefree
        Participant

Hi there, a book that really helped me, is ‘Feeling good, the new mood therapy, By David Burns MD. He has written a second book that I intend to get hold of called ‘The feeling good handbook’, which will hopefully be available on ebay. I need to get a copy for myself…

Wannabe

leigh123
          Participant
          Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi, thanks for responding! I am currently on medication and have been in therapy for about 6 months. I don’t see any improvement and I’m constantly having different thoughts it’s hard to keep up with them all. I give up trying to explain to family and friends, they still have ‘a thought is just a thought’ mentality!</p>

leigh123
            Participant
            Participant

Hi, thanks for responding! I will definitely have a read of these thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.