Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rh75
    Participant

Hey everyone, my dad has ocd and been dealing with intrusive thoughts for a while. I understand that it is a product of his mental problems. He’s not attracted to the intrusive thoughts, but I am scared that he is really begging for help. In the past two or three months he says he don’t know if he’s making up stuff in his head, or if there is something else going on. What can I do to help him

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Forum moderators here; we’re sorry you’ve been going through a difficult time trying to help your Dad and haven’t had many replies to your topic yet. Please don’t take this personally or ever think you’re alone – if you look at the forums, you can read other users’ topics that are similar to yours.

You can also contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential and unbiased help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand OCD and how it can impact your entire life.

Contact our Helpline by:

– phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
        – email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

Best wishes, Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.