Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    leigh123
    Participant

Hi all, I’ve been doing pretty well since my medication kicked in but I’ve had a bit of a trigger today:( Usually my OCD is related is false memories/cheating but today it is a real event one. Someone sent me a photo from around 4 years ago when me and my partner were seeing each other but not together. I was still speaking to other guys which my bf is aware of but now I can’t stop thinking about it and the guilt is eating my up:( It’s the constant ‘what ifs’, ‘what if it overlapped and I was with my partner, what if this happened, what if that’ I just feel the need to confess to get some relief but my bf doesn’t want to know or talk about it so I can’t force it:(

johna2
      Participant

Try to live more in the present. This stuff from the past really doesn’t matter.

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Forum moderators here; thanks for posting and welcome back to the forums. We just want to remind you that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

Support groups offer a safe place where you can talk openly about your OCD and support other people too. Our information about UK-based groups can be found here:

If you don’t live in the UK, look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Under “Find Help” select “Listing Types” and “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.