Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    wannabefree
    Participant

Hiya, I reckon that We are all of us  special… The church I attend, suits me, I’m there under my own jurisdiction, not living up to anyone else’s possible expectations of me. To be honest, it is a giggle a minute… I will eventually be found sitting right at the back of the congregation, playing my music keyboard.  The musical department was asking about someone to play drum, but with my wicked sense of humour, it would have been reduced to absolute chaos if I were to try! The other musicians would have to decide between following either the conductor, or me banging away on the drums! Lol.  I’m a cheerful pensioner, and make light of everything, if it’s funny, even just a little bit, I burst into fits of the giggles!  🙂   I need to be happy, after years and years of terrible mental torture, suicide attempts, and subsequent recovery… I’m beginning to enjoy life again, one breath at a time, one heartbeat at a time. I’ll never be perfect, and if others don’t like that, then that’s their problem, I’m here to have fun now… Ten years ago plus, OCD action saved my life, several times… I had the worst case of contamination OCD we can imagine. I was just getting used to not washing hands twenty times an hour, when Covid struck, and we were using antibacterials in supermarkets and shops! How I kept that under control, well…

Being cheerful takes up a lot less energy than being moody, so the trick is to get them all smiling, and, metaphorically speaking, if someone should take of’fence’, I’ll pass them the bloomin’ lawnmower as well!!!

More on my own thread… I don’t want to hijack this one…

Wannabe

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here:

Thanks for posting on the forums – we just like you to know that if you want to talk to someone who understands, you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline – our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life.

Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

You can also find out about support groups on our website. These offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people too. Our information about UK-based groups can be found here:

If you don’t live in the UK, you can look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Look in the section “Find Help” and then under “Listing Types”, choose “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to help and support you.

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.