Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    punkdonkey
    Participant

Hi all

I am writing because I need a bit of advice and support

I have had OCD for many years and it has been on an off but in the last few years has been ok and I have been taking a low dosage of medication that has been keeping me stable

My OCD has come back in the last year with the war in Ukraine and the news in tv and internet etc

My fear is this shall lead to nuclear war. So that’s the basic outline. Since the invasion there has been two main times of anxiety

The first was at the start of the invasion for about a months with the talk of putting nuclear weapons on readiness

For about 6 months following this I felt a lot better and did not obsess about it

I went on holiday had fun etc

The second time was about a month ago when the talk was about using nuclear weapons because the war was not going so well for the Russians

Since then it has stayed and remained at the same level of anxiety

I am looking for ways to make my mind relax and not obsess about this and feel more secure about the future

Any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

wannabefree
      Participant

Hi there. I will suggest a really good book that is quite old, but still available on Amazon

It is ‘How to stop worrying,  and start living’. It is by Dale Carnegie.

I still wish I knew where my own copy is!

Wannabe

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here:

Thanks very much for posting on the forums. We just want you to know that you’re never alone and OCD Action is here to support you.

If you’d like to talk to or email someone who understands OCD, please contact our OCD Action Helpline.

You can get confidential information about and support from a Helpline volunteer who understands how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.